What is involved in becoming a volunteer!
As a volunteer you make a commitment to people who are relying on you being there. Volunteering is not of a lesser importance than paid work – it is extremely important to those we spend time with, and a cancellation for a "better" offer is not what the act of volunteering is all about.
*Click headings for more Volunteer information;
What do volunteers do?
Hospice Care volunteers provide a home based support service.
While skilled professional staff care for terminally ill patients, Hospice volunteers provide support and companionship to both clients and their families by;
• Staying with a client while the carer and family members have time away.
• Being with a client one to one.
• Sitting with clients as requested, either day, evening, night weekends, at home or in care.
• Providing transport for clients to and from appointments.
• Being with dying clients during their last hours.
• Being a good listener.
What is Hospice looking for in its volunteers?
Volunteers are drawn from all walks of life and need to have some of the following qualities;
• emotional maturity
• an ability to accept others
• a sense of humour
• be neat/tidy and conscious of personal hygiene
ESSENTIAL - The capacity to work as part of a team with people who have a life limiting illness and their families.
DESIRABLE - Current Driver's Licence and own transport.
What does Hospice expect from its volunteers?
• Volunteers must be reliable and punctual.
• Volunteers are asked to notify the Co-ordinator if they are going to be absent eg. sickness, holidays or family commitments.
• Volunteers are asked to make available 2-4 hours per fortnight, as suitable to the individual, for a period of at least 12 months.
Volunteers must be prepared to participate in and complete the initial volunteer training programme.
How do I contact Hospice volunteers?
You can telephone us on 03 6440 7110, or mobile 0418 127 590.
Want to become a volunteer?
(*If you consider your experience with this service has been unfair or unsatisfactory, you are invited to contact our office.)